Monday 25 May 2015

Starry Tower (at night)

Fittingly it was on a date that I first saw the Eiffel Tower sparkling at night. He pointed it out and for me it was a discovery. I never knew it did that. I was in awe of the light dancing on the monument. A monument that I'd never really liked. 

Paused; looking up at the light show, he clumsily attempted to hold my hand. I moved it out of reach, told him he reminded me of my brother and smiled sweetly. I ruined his attempt at romance there on what my memory faintly tells me was a street around Chatelet.   

I'd already visited the city a few times and had at that point just arrived there to spend the next four months living and working in Paris as a Stagiaire. From that night onward I began to like the Eiffel Tower; especially her nightly showings of bright lights and sparkle. That night's date was perhaps the second or third with him but definitely the last. I lost one friend but gained another.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment